Go to Naturalis.nl

Search results

Query: classification: "38.04"

AuthorR. Stumfohl
Title[Proceedings of the VII international symposium 'Cultural heritage in geosciences, mining and metallurgy : libraries, archives, museums' : "Museums and their collections" held at the Nationaal Natuurhistorisch Museum Leiden (The Netherlands), 19-23 May, 2003 / Cor F. Winkler Prins and Stephen K. Donovan (editors)]: Landesmuseum Karnten - the Collections of Natural Sciences
JournalScripta Geologica. Special Issue
Volume4
Year2004
Issue30
Pages261-266
ISSN0922-4564
AbstractPublic museums collections had a hard start in Carinthia: only in 1848 did the first Museum of Natural Sciences open, maintained by the 'Naturhistorischer Verein für Kärnten'. For a long time the collections were based on private donations. In 1884, the 'Naturhistorischer Verein' and the 'Geschichtsverein für Kärnten' moved into a new museum building, since 1898 there have been full-time curators. The museum's scientific publication was and still is the periodical Carinthia. In 1942, the collections became property of the Government, but since 1998 they have been privatized.
Classification38.04
Document typearticle
Download paperpdf document http://www.repository.naturalis.nl/document/148635